We’re fast developing a reputation for success in the specialist field of prison law
Our busy and expanding prison law team has extensive experience of:
- parole hearings on behalf of those sentenced to life in prison
- parole hearings for those who are subject to an Imprisonment for Public Protection order
- identifying and appealing excessive prison sentences
- ‘Smith and West’ hearings for recalled prisoners
- judicial review matters including challenging categorisation and adjudication decisions
- advocacy in adjudications, especially those involving complex cases or accusations of rioting
One of our members – Cassie Williams – is an active member of the Parole Board. While she doesn’t undertake prison law work, she’s available to offer her expert training both in-house and to solicitors or other professionals who want to learn more about this field.
Breaches of Article 5 (4)
We have particular expertise in breaches of Article 5 (4) arising from delayed end-of-tariff hearings, including: obtaining compensation from such delays, denial of coursework, challenges to parole refusal, categorisation decisions, and allegations of discrimination.